Monday, December 13, 2010

Porter, Future Engineer

Working at a large apartment complex with boilers and chillers, et al, I come across a lot of broken odds and ends. When I find something interesting (eg. a pressure gauge, pressure reducing valve, or even air-handler blower motors) I bring it home for the boys (aka. Porter) who proceed to tear it apart and investigate.

Recently Porter was asking me if a battery could power a light bulb, so we started with a 9v and then graduated to 18v. But first he drew up a plan and then put it together.



And here's the finished product:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do we have a little genius here?
I like the way he planned out and notated all the details and then worked his plan.
This reminds me of the day that I tried to get an old telephone to work by plugging in into a socket.
My dad said I was lucky that I didn't electricute (sp?) myself.
obviously the phone didn't work. Looks like Porter is smarter than I was.

Gpa Gibb