Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Bathroom

Here are some photos from the bathroom remodel - beginning to end.
This is the only photo I can find where you can see the bathroom before construction. Oddly enough we don't take very many photos of our bathrooms. We'll have to work on that. (You'll notice Jarom's handy work.)
This is the old window. If you showered water would get on the outside of the window and drip down the side of the house. It was awesome. So if you couldn't tell someone was showering by the fuzzy, nude silhouette, than you could just look for the watermark spreading beneath the window.
Notice all the insulation in the wall? There it is between the studs. I think it's R-.00001.
Here's the view from the outside. You will just have to imagine the fuzzy, nude silhouette and the dripping water. So sad for you.
This is what the toilet drain used to look like. If you've never worked with cast iron drain pipe than you haven't lived. There is only two ways to cut it: 400 hacksaw blades and 2,000 man hours or a special chain that cinches around the pipe. In the chain are these cutting discs that cut into the pipe as you cinch down the chain. Eventually the pipes just breaks. The chain takes about 15 to 30 min. Here I had just finished installing the moldings and trim.
And here is the finished product.
This linen closet used to be a stack of drawers and cupboards circa 1966.
If you need any work done, I need work. So, give me a call and send me some traveling expenses and I'm there. Oh, and I'll need room and board.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Bart:
The bathroom is now in great shape. Congratulations.
You should send this into the DYI network.
This should get you calls and offers from all over the country.
If I remember correctly you replaced all the drain with plastic pipe? (That is at least the drain going to that bathroom?)

Signed: Dad, or Gpa Gibb

Julie said...

I just may hire you and send you out here to Seattle. I have numerous home improvement projects and no one able to do them and I am NOT paying home depot to do them. You are cheaper than Home Depot, right?

The bathroom looks great! I am green with envy.

maren bosley said...

Bart, it looks SO great!!! Keep posting more of the stuff you do. I love it! You are so talented in SO many areas. I'm in awe!