Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Fwd: Group Email #3



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Gibb <joseph.gibb@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 6, 2017 at 10:49:36 AM MST
To: Marie Gibb <mdgibb@gmail.com>
Subject: Group Email #3

Oh how the turntables.

This week has been quite a week.

For the first time we have people who are genuinely interested in talking to us about the gospel. What a change of pace.

The pastor who I spoke of last week has invited my companion and I to speak at his congregation's Bible Study tomorrow. We met with him last Tuesday and we both talked about our beliefs. The pastor was very cordial and was trying to prove that he was right through the Bible or prove that we were wrong. He was just genuinely interested in learning about what we believed in. Then the bombshell came right at the end of the lesson and he said, "Would y'all like to come talk about this at the Bible study next week?" I just looked at Elder Vin Zant, and then said, "Yah! Sure. We'd love to." 

The next day we had interviews with the mission president and his advice was, "Bring enough Books of Mormon for the entire congregation." Ah. Such inspiring words of confidence. 

We've also been trying to reach out to many less actives this week and because of that we get a lot of "wrong numbers", "we're not interested", "I'm active, just not at your building". It's great. However, we texted a wrong number and they gave us the number we were actually trying to contact, but then I asked them if they wanted any help or if they were interested in hearing about Jesus. The unknown person texted back, "I'm more into self-enlightenment and meditation." So, my response, of course, was to say, "That's really cool! Could we swing by and talk to you about that some time?" 

He didn't respond for a minute but when he finally did he just said, "Right on." Unsure of what that meant, I texted back, "So what time/day would be good for my companion and I to come over and talk to you?" And... We got an appointment with the guy. I guess that's what I get for being willing to be the smallest amount of bold that a person has ever been. The Lord provides, or so I'm told.

That's the most interesting stories from the week. If next week is less interesting I'll just make something up and send it to you. Have a good week!

--
-Elder Joe Gibb

No comments: