Monday, November 13, 2017

Fwd: Group Email #4



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Gibb <joseph.gibb@myldsmail.net>
Date: November 13, 2017 at 10:32:49 AM MST
To: Marie Gibb <mdgibb@gmail.com>
Subject: Group Email #4

Where's your boat headed? I don't know.

This week has been... Fine.

Not much to report except on a couple story updates from last week.

We held the Bible study with the pastor's congregation and they were pretty open to everything that we said. There were a few moments where a lady (the pastor's mother) told us that we had not received the gift of the Holy Ghost because we had not spoken in tongues. I tried to explain to her that this was a point of difference in our doctrines but she wasn't really listening. She just explained that the only way to know that you've received the Holy Ghost is if you start speaking in another language. That was something. 

Then, my companion Elder Vin Zant who is much more informed on scripture than I, was asked a question by the pastor's father who asked him to explain some verses about the rapture. My companion simply re-explained what the man had just said and then... He talked about something else. The man never got the answer he wanted but we didn't end up in a Bible bash, so that was good. The whole meeting went well and a few people wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon, so that was good. Hopefully, that helps or something happens from that.

Also, the person that we randomly texted last week we were able to meet with and that went pretty well. Not sure how interested/lonely he is, but he mostly just talked about himself while we were there last time. Next time we'll talk about the gospel.

Last story, for an uneventful week I sure have a lot to talk about, sorry. There's a less active in the ward that missionaries have been meeting with for four years and he has never come to church. So, being the bad guy that I am, I told this guy that we couldn't continue to meet with him if he wasn't going to meet or make commitments anymore. So... He basically said, "Well, I can see you have more important things to do than meet with me, but that's okay". The whole thing went pretty poorly, but hopefully he'll realize that he needs to come to church at some point. I dunno. I hope so. He's a super great guy.

Anyways, have a good week! Don't do anything too stupid.

--
-Elder Joe Gibb

No comments: